nathan.Peace Corps.Zambia
I've been in Kitwe for two weeks now. With luck I will be able to get to an internet cafe here once a week... we'll see how that works out. I've sent a few letters out, but things here take time and are slow. When in doubt, send me mail! You don't have to love me, just mail me :) (but loving me is okay too). High temps have been around 80F and lows are chilly, 36-41F. It is winter here, with sunny clear skies. I'm staying with a very nice homestay family and I'm trying to learn Bemba. Bantu languages are nothing like european languages. We're biking 6-8 kilometers per day on roads that are less than bad Forest Service roads. Night falls at 6p and bedtime is a few hours after dark. Roosters call all hours of the night, starting at 2am. With luck, Brian will get some word and will be able to post more here later this week. I'm out of time for now... internet is charged by the minute. Zambia is very beautiful. n


<< Home