May 24, 2005

Last hours in US

Hi All!

I have two minutes to just type one last time before I leave the hotel. Thanks B for posting for me!

Three shots done here, several more in Zambia. I also have the weekly malaria pill to take today, and the next 100 and something weeks. However, I've had Hep B shots in college, so that will spare me those.

We leave the hotel in less than an hour on a bus for NYC's JFK. None of us are looking forward to the plane ride, rumors say 15-19 hours from JFK to Johannesburg, South Africa (We're all hoping for the lower number!)

36 of us were going, one had medical clearance complications and will catch another PC group in a couple months, and another spilled hot tea on her foot this morning in the lobby. The later had to go to the ER due to how bad the blisters looked. We hope she will be able to fly with us today, but if not she'll catch up with us in a day or two. So, we're 35 in number and a great group. Several are from the inter-mountain west, the Seattle area, and the southern Rockies. Several more are from the NE and mid-Atlantic. The minority (by far) call the Midwest home. I'm the only one from the Upper Midwest. We've learned that we'll have to support each other, and with that support, I'm sure we'll all be fine.

This post is getting longer than I planned. Brian or whoever I get word to will keep updating this blog. [See Brian's previous post] Email will be very very limited for me and phone calls impossible. Snail mail is the best (see my website for my address) My love to all, miss you. n