14 Sep 2006 Ndola
Went to the Provincial Meeting in Solwezi (wasn't much reason to go in retrospect) and now just met with my Provincial Forestry Officer in Ndola, the provincial capital in Copperbelt Province. It was more of a formality than a productive meeting, but Eliza and I made an appearance and had our suspicions confirmed -- nothing is happening and that won't change anytime soon.
Elections were called two months in advance for 28th September. We have been asked to stay at our villages for several days before and after this date in the event that there are any problems, so I'm not quite sure when I'll be to town next. It will be an interesting race and we're all anxious to see how the vote turns out. If a certain canidate wins, and he is serious with what he is saying, there may drastic changes in the near future for everyone here in Zambia.
The cold is finally over, highs have been near 90F each day and low temps have been hovering in the 50s. By the peak of the heat in October the highs will push 100F and lows will stay around70F. I'm looking forward to the beginning of the rains in early November -- first thunder, some cloudy shade, and the first rain in six months. I love the beginning of the rains, it's the end in Feb, Mar, and April that is almost unbearable.
Animal update: Still one hen, one rooster, eleven chicks that are 3 months old. My one duck laid three eggs last week. My cat Lukipela (Luk) is demonic and cute as ever.
That's all I really have for now. Nothing too exciting, sorry. Greetings to everyone and take care, nathan
Elections were called two months in advance for 28th September. We have been asked to stay at our villages for several days before and after this date in the event that there are any problems, so I'm not quite sure when I'll be to town next. It will be an interesting race and we're all anxious to see how the vote turns out. If a certain canidate wins, and he is serious with what he is saying, there may drastic changes in the near future for everyone here in Zambia.
The cold is finally over, highs have been near 90F each day and low temps have been hovering in the 50s. By the peak of the heat in October the highs will push 100F and lows will stay around70F. I'm looking forward to the beginning of the rains in early November -- first thunder, some cloudy shade, and the first rain in six months. I love the beginning of the rains, it's the end in Feb, Mar, and April that is almost unbearable.
Animal update: Still one hen, one rooster, eleven chicks that are 3 months old. My one duck laid three eggs last week. My cat Lukipela (Luk) is demonic and cute as ever.
That's all I really have for now. Nothing too exciting, sorry. Greetings to everyone and take care, nathan


<< Home