Feb 23, 2005

say ahh

Two doctors down, one to go. Monday I finalized my physical & bloodwork lab, as well as getting my dental exam & x-rays. I'm healthy and have the numbers to prove it. Next week is the Eye Doctor, but I already know I'm blind, hence my contacts - so no new news there.

I think I've narrowed the list of possible countries down. Malawi seems the most likely, with three other contenders being Tanzania, Zambia, and Uganda. I've looked at Köppen Climatology maps (I worked with these in college) and corresponding Vegetation maps. Malawi is mostly foothills with evergreen/montane forests. The other countries are more brush savannah/decidious forest. I'm very anxious, now I just have to wait and see if/when I get the offical placement offer in mid-March.

So with any luck, things will continue to go smoothly. Of course I'll keep updating as things happen.